What is with the god awful club music at all hours at 15th and State?

Colleen Colleen

What is with the god awful club music at all hours at 15th and State?

Does anyone know which building (and better yet unit #) the thumping club beats were coming from on Sunday, September 3 from 9:00pm all the way to Monday, September 4 at 7:00am? It's not the first time I've heard them.  They're obnoxious, loud, and I'd love nothing more than to file a noise complaint.  I just don't know exactly where they're coming from.
SouthLooper SouthLooper

Re: What is with the god awful club music at all hours at 15th and State?

Is it Scout?
AD AD

Re: What is with the god awful club music at all hours at 15th and State?

Yes, it's one of the units above restaurant Flavor 180. I live at 1530 S. State and had the pleasure of being awake most of the night listening to that garbage. Next time, i'm calling the cops. And you're right, it's happened before.
SouthLooper SouthLooper

Re: What is with the god awful club music at all hours at 15th and State?

You people are too nice. That stuff does not fly in the building I live in. But I've seen them leave from the building at around 7:30'ish while taking my kid to the park around the corner. It is pretty much an "after-hours" party in which drugs are involved. Time to call the cops and your building management to issue a fine.
Sloopdog Sloopdog

Re: What is with the god awful club music at all hours at 15th and State?

No tolerance. Noise complaints can be filed at ANY time, not only at specific times of the day.

1) Call 911
2) Report noise complaint
3) Tell them it is coming from 1503 S. State and it is the 3rd floor terrace unit 308.
4) Tell operator building is managed by Westward Property Management and their 24 hour emergency number is 855-766-7486.
5) Thank the operator, hang up and hope for the best.
6) Repeat 1-6 as necessary.
7) Call Westward Property Management at 800-901-5431 and complain.

This is the unit.
http://www.domu.com/chicago/neighborhoods/south-loop/1503-s-state-st-308-chicago-il-60605

These people don't seem to realize they disrupt the lives of hundreds of residents in the area.
Sloopdog Sloopdog

Re: What is with the god awful club music at all hours at 15th and State?

Sloopdog Sloopdog

Re: What is with the god awful club music at all hours at 15th and State?

Jim in the Sloop Jim in the Sloop

Re: What is with the god awful club music at all hours at 15th and State?

Whoa, They're charging for drinks. Do they have a license??
x x

Re: What is with the god awful club music at all hours at 15th and State?

Remember folks, 911 and the police are the only way to stop this. They will only come after numerous complaints. Don't be afraid.
kevin kevin

Re: What is with the god awful club music at all hours at 15th and State?

They were at it again last night,  police broke it up at 4;30 this morning . .   people were entering through the back alley/garage.  When I walked down the alley this morning there were empty bottles.  Someone was also dumping beer onto the alley from the deck at the same time (doing a clean up I guess).  There was also a fresh blood trail . . who knows if it was associated or not.

I left a complaint with both the building owners and the agent (who has the same number as the Facebook page advertising parties).

I don't know how the people in 1503 put up with it,  there are a lot of children in that building.

I am surprised that nothing lands on those people during their parties . . like water  . . or something else to disrupt the festivities . .

Again the Real Estate Agent is  Melode Dell    cell number is:  847-530-2123

Her number is also on the facebook page advertising the parties (with paid entrance)

The building number is 800 901 5431

I encourage everyone in the neighborhood to call the cops, call the building .   . .
cmc cmc

Re: What is with the god awful club music at all hours at 15th and State?

I had a somewhat similar experience with the college kids across the street making all kinds of noise well into the early hours;  once - even a makeshift band in the street.  I contacted our building management, and got the number for the security office in the dorm.  I called them CONSTANTLY whenever I was woken up by the noise, and continued to call until it stopped (and I mean incessantly).  Then I put a notice up with the number into a common posting board in our laundry room.  Apparently a lot of people were calling, because it hasn't been a problem now for a number of years (happy face).  My suggestion is to (a) put up a notice directing who to call in your common area(s) if available, (b) contact your building management, if available, and (c) I would also call the alderman.  I personally wouldn't bother calling 911, they basically treat that as "silly stuff".  Lastly, I would probably call Keller Williams and file a complaint there as well.  I can't believe it is legal to have those for-charge parties in a residence, and it should be pretty easy to have it stopped if you keep at it.
Kevin Kevin

Re: What is with the god awful club music at all hours at 15th and State?

I contacted the property management firm on Sunday.  I spoke with them this morning and they had me file a written incident report, which will go before their board.  Which I included below.  I have asked for a written response from the board at 1503.   I will post this at my building 1529, in case anyone else wants to contact them..

I spoke with David at:
Westward Management, Inc.
4311 N. Ravenswood Avenue, 2nd Floor
Chicago, IL 60613
Tel (800) 901-5431

 INCIDENT REPORT
Please note: An Incident Report must be completely filled out and submitted to the management office or the complaint will not be considered valid. After the report has been filed, it may be necessary for you to appear at a violation hearing to discuss the complaint. The violator will also be asked to attend this meeting. After hearing this case, the Board will determine if a violation occurred and if a fine should be levied.
Offender’s Name: ____Unknown____________________________ Unit ___308__
Date of Incident: __9/29-9/30_______ Time: 02:00-05:00 (police broke it up)
Incident Location: ____1503 south State_______________________________
Incident(s): ___Late night rave party in empty unit.    There was a bar and speakers on the outside deck.   Police eventually forced them to shut the music off around 04:30 after numerous complaints.  There is a facebook page advertising parties at this location here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunset-Soir%C3%A9e-Sundays-at-The-Private-Rooftop-Terrace/325106764239810
The phone number on the page is the same as the realtor.   Check here:
__http://www.agent-quest.com/IL-ArlingtonHeights.html

The page advertised parties on Sunday afternoons,  clearly this was Saturday night/Sunday morning, my assumption is that they changed date/time following complaints of Sunday evening activity________
Summary of Incident: __The music woke me up at 2:00 am, and I shut my windows at 3:00 am, they turned it way up at 4:00 am.  So I got up to call the police.  I saw a police car pull in up front at that same time.  I live at 1529 in unit XXX directly overlooking this deck. I can see the front of the building, the rear alley and have a clear view of the deck.   When I looked down there was a bar set up on the deck along with speakers and a lot of people and some lighting. I could see that people were all coming in and out of the alley garage. So it was open to the public. People could walk through your garage, by your tenants cars, to get in and join the party.  The Face book page states that there is an entrance fee but you bring your own booze and “blunts”. My impression is that they were serving drinks from the bar set up but no idea what they served or charged.  My perception is that the agent/owner is hosting these parties to make money; which seems illegal. I can understand someone having a party until 1 or 2 am on a Friday/Saturday.  Hosting a rave party and having it broken up by the police at 4:30 am is a major difference.     When I went down the next morning at approximately 9 am and was walking down the alley, someone was emptying beer bottles over the edge of the deck onto the alley.   They were dumping right them over the entrance to your garage.  Not looking, clearly they could have dumped it onto one of your tenants/property owners as they left the building.___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
anon anon

Re: What is with the god awful club music at all hours at 15th and State?

Maybe the problem fixed itself, from the agents FB Page, and, kinda gross:
I swear I will never throw a party again with people I don't know.....I open my place up to people so everyone can enjoy some great music & how do some of them thank me.... by shitting outside on my terrace and stealing from me! The worse part about it the person who stole from me was someone I knew, it was 1 out of 8 people left after the party was over! Not starting drama just stating facts! & your all lucky I am not tagging you in this message! You know what you did was wrong so please just return my stuff & I won't go any further with this!
Anon Anon

Re: What is with the god awful club music at all hours at 15th and State?

Frank Pizzo Frank Pizzo

Re: What is with the god awful club music at all hours at 15th and State?

Come on, people, if you want a quiet little neighborhood move to the burbs or somewhere downtown streeterville.  This is the south loop, and more and more young party animals are moving to this neighborhood, and this will soon be like a lincoln park hot spot especially with all the colleges in the area.  Let's embrace it.  Instead of calling the cops, head to the party, have a few drinks, and have some fun.
Nogs Nogs

Re: What is with the god awful club music at all hours at 15th and State?

no, I'd rather the South Loop not be the next Lincoln Park... I like the current influx of restaurants and bars but do you really want it to become the traffic-ridden horror that is LP. Nope.

No problem having parties, but you have to be somewhat respectful of your neighbors. I'm sure if you lived next door and had a sleeping child or had to be up for work at 6 am you'd have a different tone.
sloopingo sloopingo

Re: What is with the god awful club music at all hours at 15th and State?

Ehh the party was pretty lame, great view but kind of dumb to be raging somewhere so non discreet...I left after 10 mins, heard the music for a while longer from my place but then I presume the cops showed up.
Charles Charles

Re: What is with the god awful club music at all hours at 15th and State?

Totally frustrating. I who thought occupying some residential properties for rent near the place would get a relaxing evening heard the exact noise. I hope they know how to respect neighbors' peaceful night. In fact, that's a Sunday night: a day after is first school day of the week for our kids.
localhost localhost

Re: What is with the god awful club music at all hours at 15th and State?

"sleeping child"? Now you're inviting all sorts of ignorant comments like... "got kids, go to the burbs", "kids have no business being in the city" blah blah.. idiots.