What the heck ward are we in?

frankpizzo frankpizzo

What the heck ward are we in?

Every year I am forced to go to the alderman's office to get a silly letter saying I live in the 2nd ward so I can get visitor's parking permits because my building isn't zoned as residential even though there must be 300 people that live here. Then I have to go to the city hall clerk's office and wait in line and get them etc etc.

anyways, I see that the 2nd ward has been broken up and the alderman's office on state is closed. Apparently I'm no longer in the 2nd ward and city hall doesn't know what ward I'm in so I can't get these passes.

I'm at 13th and Indiana. Anyone have any clue as to what ward we are in now?

I've heard 3rd, 4th, 25th. Calling all of those offices, they don't know either. This whole 'ward' thing is stupid. Wish I could order online like the rest of Chicago.
mikedezz mikedezz

What the heck ward are we in?

Check with the office of the City Clerk of Chicago …there is an online lookup process.  I believe it is the 3rd ward, alderwoman Pat Dowell.

Every year I am forced to go to the alderman's office to get a silly letter saying I live in the 2nd ward so I can get visitor's parking permits because my building isn't zoned as residential even though there must be 300 people that live here. Then I have to go to the city hall clerk's office and wait in line and get them etc etc.

anyways, I see that the 2nd ward has been broken up and the alderman's office on state is closed. Apparently I'm no longer in the 2nd ward and city hall doesn't know what ward I'm in so I can't get these passes.

I'm at 13th and Indiana. Anyone have any clue as to what ward we are in now?

I've heard 3rd, 4th, 25th. Calling all of those offices, they don't know either. This whole 'ward' thing is stupid. Wish I could order online like the rest of Chicago.

http://the-sloopin-message-board.1073605.n5.nabble.com/What-the-heck-ward-are-we-in-tp3149.html

DishesRdone DishesRdone

Re: What the heck ward are we in?

I live at 13th and Prairie.  I recently went to get guest parking passes and used this website.

https://webapps1.cityofchicago.org/ezbuy/geoWardLookup.do

For my address it says:
The address listed below is located in ward 03.

The alderman for this ward is PAT DOWELL.

The address is located within Residential Parking Zone 1675 Buffer Zone.

Hope that helps!  Good luck.
Dennis McClendon Dennis McClendon

Re: What the heck ward are we in?

North of Roosevelt, east of the Metra tracks is the 4th Ward.

South of Roosevelt, east of Clark is the 3rd Ward.

West of the Metra Rock Island tracks is the 25th Ward.
frankpizzo frankpizzo

Re: What the heck ward are we in?

oh okay thanks. so did you have to go all the way to her office at 5046 S State to get that silly letter to take to city hall for your passes? This whole system is goofy.
Agnes Agnes

Re: What the heck ward are we in?

You might want to call Pat Dowell's office.

I have to do the same thing to get a letter, in the past my husband always gets it from Pat Dowell's office and then goes to the city clerk's office.  This year he went and the 3rd ward office told him now they don't do it anymore.  They send him to another location which I don't recall and I can't ask my hubby now.  He happen to be able to get the zoning AND purchase the sticker there (I am not sure if he was just lucky that they are doing the special on site selling day)  So you should call to save yourself a trip.

superchigirl superchigirl

Re: What the heck ward are we in?

You should be able to use BrittanyL's link above to buy visitor passes online. I have been using that site for the last year. I live at 13th and prairie. I also just called the alderman's office to ask about the Soldier Field special event pass and they said if you email them proof of your location (PDF of a current bill or whatever) they'll mail them to you and you DO NOT have to go to 50th and State.
kenelena kenelena

Re: What the heck ward are we in?

If you are in 3rd Ward, Alderman Pat Dowell, email allyson.allison@sbcglobal.net with proof of residency and she will mail out stickers and guest passes for soldier field event parking.  Those are no charge.