Who is the pastor in a wheelchair hitting up South Loop small businesses for money?

hlwst82 hlwst82

Who is the pastor in a wheelchair hitting up South Loop small businesses for money?

Hello Fellow South Loopers,
I am wondering if anyone has the scoop on a man who calls himself Pastor Dan Wilkins who can often be seen scooting around the SL in his wheelchair.  Pastor Dan stopped into our relatively new South Loop establishment about 6 weeks ago to introduce himself and ask for a donation to his cause.  He claims that he buys deli supplies and makes sandwiches, handing them out to the homeless as he rides the train.  He seemed like a nice gentleman so we gave him a small cash donation on his first visit.   Since our first encounter with him 6 weeks ago he has stopped into our business at least once, sometimes twice a week to give hugs, offer God's blessings and then wait for another donation which we have not given since his first visit.  We did however offer to supply some sandwich makings to his cause which he curiously was not particularly interested in.  While I hope Pastor Dan is not trying to pass one over in the name of God, he is really starting to rub me the wrong way with the frequency of his visits as he knows we are a new business trying to make it.  Does anyone out there have any info?
hlwst82 hlwst82

Re: Who is the pastor in a wheelchair hitting up South Loop small businesses for money?

Correction: Dan Watkins not Wilkins