"Ghetto Walgreens"

enos_mype enos_mype

"Ghetto Walgreens"

http://www.yelp.com/biz/walgreens-chicago-136

What do you think? Fair assessment?

Would be great if there was just as much competition for convenience/drug stores as there are grocery stores here.
tpoct tpoct

Re: "Ghetto Walgreens"

Every store locks up razor blades, so I'm not sure why that's an issue specific to that Walgreens.
enos_mype enos_mype

Re: "Ghetto Walgreens"

tpoct wrote
Every store locks up razor blades, so I'm not sure why that's an issue specific to that Walgreens.
People hurt each other with razorblades. People also cook meth from cold/allergy tablets.

Last I checked, Old Spice does neither of those things.
Not Much You Not Much You

Re: "Ghetto Walgreens"

We shouldn't jump to conclusions...everything that is locked up behind the shelf is there for a reason. Old Spice is behind the counter because of the high resell value on the balck market leads to increased amount of stolen Old Spice....a simple google search would have solved all the answers but per usual people just assume and now you look like ignorant spoiled idiots...and I'm not a troll...just want to let people know that all Sloop people don't think like these...
tpoct tpoct

Re: "Ghetto Walgreens"

The review you referenced only talks about razor blades.  Not sure what you're talking about.
enos_mype enos_mype

Re: "Ghetto Walgreens"

tpoct wrote
The review you referenced only talks about razor blades.  Not sure what you're talking about.
I must've permalinked the wrong one. I was referring to the master thread.

Yelp reviews tend to be either unnecessarily vicious, or otherwise plants. My experience with that particular Walgreens is somewhere in between. Probably the worst  for me was when they rearranged the store, but took about 1.5 weeks to rearrange the signage accordingly.
MarkChicago MarkChicago

Re: "Ghetto Walgreens"

They only lock them up in urban areas.  They're locked due to the resale demand, size (easy to steal), and exorbitant markup...not because kids are sword-fighting with Schicks & Mach 3's.
rememberthebreath rememberthebreath

Re: "Ghetto Walgreens"

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/8-products-shoplifters-love-steal-112151117.html

From this recent article on commonly shoplifted articles....

"Men’s razors are among the most popular stolen items cited by both the National Retail Federation and research firm Euromonitor International’s Global Retail Theft Barometer. “People shoplift items they really want, but also those that they believe are overpriced,” Shteir says. Gillette’s Mach 3 is one brand that fits that sweet spot — a packet of 12 Mach 3 cartridges costs around $30. There’s also a healthy black market for men’s razors."